A natural lighting solution for windowless spaces and other dark areas are tubular daylighting devices, TDDs. These devices can be cost-effective, energy efficient, and reduce the need for electricity. The TDD product featured in the Wanda Chronicles is by Solatube.
- Sometimes mistakenly referred to as “tubular skylights”, “light tubes”, “sun pipes”, “solar tubes” or “light tunnels”
- Light up a room with natural sunlight
- Save energy on lighting costs
- Diffuse light throughout the room
- Provide light that is not harsh
- Are low maintenance
- Should be installed professionally
- Provides more light than a skylight and is less expensive to install
To learn more about TDDs, read How Does a TDD work?
TDDs are available at most retail stores. For more information about Solatube, visit: http://www.solatube.com/residential.