A n unobtrusive and practical solution to making countertops more accessible is increasing the height of the kickspace. This design from the Wanda Chronicles creates a toe kick and kickspace drawer that offers many benefits:
- Kickspace is 9” to accommodate for wheelchair
- Compared to normal height of 6”, the extra 3” space allows for feet of wheelchair to pass under cabinets without obstruction.
- Avoids nicking cabinetry with wheelchair
- Allows wheelchair user closer access to the counter
- Kickspace maximizes space with extra storage under counter.
Your contractor should be able to accommodate this feature. Toe kick and kickspace drawers are also available through retail stores including Ikea.