Seeing AI is a free app that narrates the world around you. Designed for the blind and low vision community, this ongoing research project harnesses the power of AI to open up the visual world and describe nearby people, text, and objects.
Optimized for use with VoiceOver, the app enables you to recognize:
- Short Text – Speaks text as soon as it appears in front of the camera.
- Documents – Provides audio guidance to capture a printed page, and recognizes the text, along with its original formatting.
- Products – Scans barcodes, using audio beeps to guide you; hear the name, and package information when available. (works with iPhone 6 and later)
- People – Saves people’s faces so you can recognize them, and get an estimate of their age, gender, and emotions.
- Currency – Recognizes currency notes.
- Color – Identifies color.
- Handwriting – Reads handwritten text like in greeting cards.
- Light – Generates an audible tone corresponding to the brightness in the surroundings.
- Photo browsing experiences – Describes photos on your phone and works with images in other apps.
For more information about how this app is being used around the world, visit Seeing AI.